Get involved – Join SACBAC!
March 27, 2012
3 Positions Open to City of Sacramento Residents
Are you interested in cycling in Sacramento and ready to get more involved? You can play an important role by sitting on the Sacramento City/County Bicycle Advisory Committee! SACBAC is currently accepting applications through April 5th.
Members of SACBAC oversee the implementation of the adopted 2010 Sacramento City/County Bikeway Master Plan. SACBAC’s duties are to:
- Advise staff and Council/Board on implementation of bicycle facilities included in the Bikeway Master Plan
- Assist in program development in areas of bicycle safety, education , registration, law enforcement, etc.
- Review and discuss current bicycling issues and advise staff and Council/Board
- Determine need for periodic updates of Bikeway Master Plan and assist in preparing updates and presentation
- Provide for public participation and involvement with respect to bikeway implementation, programs and other bicycling matters addressed by the Committee
WANTED: Under-represented Cyclists
Cycling is about everyone! We want SACBAC (and SABA) to represent all Sacramentans, whether you’re a casual Sunday rider or long distance commuter. Your needs on the bike are important to making Sacramento a world-class bicycling region.
Do you know someone (yourself included!) that is in one of these under-represented groups? Please encourage them to apply today!
– College Students
– Low-income & working class individuals
– Parents with young children
– Racial or ethnic minorities