Have you seen emails or blog posts asking you to sign up for a “volunteer team”? That’s SABA’s new Advocacy & Outreach Coordinator Amy Lee hard at work as she retrofits the volunteer program to make it clean, shiny and streamlined for both volunteers and staff! We’re changing things up so we can have a better idea of volunteers’ interests and availability, increase volunteering capacity, and make sure that you get the most out of volunteering with SABA.
So if you’re thinking: What are these changes? What are teams? And can I just volunteer when it fits into my schedule? Last things first: Yes! Signing up for a team tells us generally how and when you want to volunteer. You will still sign up for events that fit your availability. Are you a bike valet aficionado and want to park bikes more than a few times a year? Tell us so by signing up for the Friday Night Concert Valet Bike Parking Team! We’ll then send you the information and updates that best reflect your interests and schedule.
Teams are the new way that SABA is organizing and grouping volunteers (think Google+ Circles). They help you and us by:
• Streamlining our communication and recruitment efforts.
• Keeping you updated about what you’re actually interested in.
• Making it easy and simple to volunteer with friends, co-workers, teammates, classmates, or riding buddies.
All of which make volunteering easier and frankly, a whole lot more fun. Ready for the line up? Here are the teams:
Valet Bike Parking volunteers get special swag when they volunteer once (stickers), five times (custom t-shirt!), and 10 times (special day-long bike trip). Want to be on the short list of insiders making Sacramento #1 for bicycling? Make a pledge to volunteer 10 times over the valet bike parking season.
How do I get involved?
• Visit sacbike.org/volunteer for more information
• Sign up for teams via a quick online survey here!
• Make a volunteer pledge by emailing Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Park bikes, clean-up trails, send mailers, bring your friends, and have FUN!