Does May is Bike Month have you feeling the bike love? Then please consider sharing some of that love with SABA on Thursday, May 4, the Big Day of Giving, our region’s annual 24-hour fundraising challenge.
Out of more than 500 nonprofits participating this year, SABA is the only bike organization. If bicycling matters you, here is what you support when you donate to SABA:
- Advocacy for streets and bike infrastructure that are safe and convenient for travel by bike
- Input on proposed development projects to ensure access for people on bikes
- A voice for people on bikes in projects like the City of Sacramento’s Vision Zero action plan
- Support for neighborhood-led planning efforts to improve conditions for trips by bike
- Partnerships with bike-friendly businesses, agencies and organizations
- Services like Bike Valet and other activities that support people who travel by bike
Last year we raised $12,008 and we’re hoping to raise $15,000 this year. Can you help us get there? This year, you have more ways than ever to make a donation:
- Call the Big DoG phone bank at 916-921-7723 during business hours on Thursday and donate with a credit or bank card.
- Call SABA at 916-444-6600 between 9 AM and 4 PM on Thursday to donate with a credit or bank card.
- Drop off your donation by card, check or cash to the SABA office in downtown Sacramento at 909 12th Street, between I and J streets, between 9 AM and 4 PM. Please call first.
- Come to the Big Day of Giving Concert Celebration at Camp Pollock, 6-8PM, where we’ll be ready to accept your donation by card, check or cash. (We’re also partnering with City Bicycle Works for a meet-up bike ride to Camp Pollock. Join us!)