Organized in 1991 and incorporated in 2002, SABA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation (ID #37-1474544) dedicated to making our region a cleaner, healthier, friendlier place to live and work.
Streets, roads, and trails are public places where people feel empowered to ride bicycles as a fun and practical way to get wherever they want to go.
SABA improves the quality of life in the Sacramento region by enabling people in all communities to make more and safer trips by bicycle.
1. Increase, review and manage SABA funding in order to grow staff and program capacity.
2. Identify, partner with and promote non-infrastructure bicycle encouragement programs.
3. Promote improvements to the bicycling infrastructure by local governments.
4. Partner with community organizations to promote cycling in the Sacramento region and conduct outreach to maintain existing relationships and engage new constituencies.
5. Build and strengthen relationships with local decision-makers to promote cycling.
6. Strengthen the Board of Directors to more effectively pursue the organizational mission.