Report a Hazard

pothole - Streetsblog

Do you need to report an emergency in progress? Dial 911 immediately.

Roadway hazards such as potholes, road debris, missing or fallen signs and malfunctioning traffic signals should be reported promptly to the appropriate city or county agency.

When you report a hazard, be prepared to provide these details:
– Your name
– Your contact information (e-mail address, phone number, home address)
– The date you noted the hazard
– The location (as specific and concise as possible)
– The direction of travel
– A brief description of the hazard

bike lane debrisBe prepared to offer a photo if you have one.

Sacramento (city)
Call the Streets Division by dialing 311 (or 916-264-5011 outside of Sacramento to reach a City operator)

You can also report hazards from your smartphone with the Sacramento 311 app.

Sacramento County
Call 311 (between 6 am-6 pm) or report a hazard online with the Sac County 311 Connect Mobile App. Outside of Unincorporated Sacramento County Areas, call 916-875-4311

Citrus Heights
Report a concern online to the Public Works Division, or contact them at 916-727-4770

Contact the Public Works Dept. at 530-757-5686 or report a hazard online.

Elk Grove
Contact the Street Maintenance Dept. at 916-687-3005

Contact the Public Works Dept. at 916-355-8344

leaf pile
Photo by Sacramento Press

Contact the Facilities Maintenance Division at 209-366-7260 (7:30 am – 5:30 pm). After hours or on weekends, call the Police Department at 209-366-7000.

Rancho Cordova
Contact the Public Works Dept. at 916-851-8710. After hours: 916-207-9708

West Sacramento
Call the Utility Maintenance Division:
Potholes: 916-617-4875
Fallen branches, traffic signal malfunction, missing traffic or street signs, and street flooding: 916-617-4850

Yolo County
Contact the Public Works Department at 530-666-8811